Ajman Bank committed to ensure the business complying with Sharia Law and inspiring the Sharia values. Our In-house Sharia Compliance Division is directly reporting to the Fatwa and Sharia Supervisory Board (FSSB) and performing a role of in-house Sharia controller.
Our in-house Sharia Governance & Compliance Division is extensively involved in:
- Assuring that all Islamic products and services are duly approved by Fatwa and Sharia Supervisory Board (FSSB).
- Conducting review of all documents, contracts, process flows, product manuals, services and tariff of charges.
- Arranging periodic Sharia board meeting for Sharia endorsement of the functions conducted by the Bank throughout the period.
- Liaising in the development and innovation of Sharia compliant products and structuring.
- Supervising Sharia Governance of all products and services offered by Ajman Bank.
- Conducting periodic Sharia Audit sessions and submitting audit report to Sharia board and management of the Bank.
- Arranging Sharia training to the bank’s employees and internees.
- Attending/addressing customer’s Sharia related queries.
- Review of Bank financial report and profit distribution mechanism.
- Calculating Zakat, preparing Zakat Shareholder’s notification and Sharia certification of the Bank’s functions throughout the financial year for general assembly meeting.