Principles and Ethics
The following set of business ethics affect employees of Ajman Bank:
- Each employee and Director of AB, will deal fairly with the bank's customers, competitors, independent auditors, and other parties during the course of business, and will not take unfair advantage through price or market manipulation, concealment, abuse of privileged information, misrepresentation of material facts, or other unfair transactions or acts.
- AB and its employees will comply with the Central Bank regulations, while ensuring that manipulative and deceptive acts are not practiced.
Conflicts of Interest
- The Policy is designed to ensure that all relevant persons engaged in any business activity that involves a conflict of interest entailing a material risk of damage to the interest of the client carry on those activities with a level of independence
- The bank's policy is to separate the functions physically from each other within the banking office. The reason for this is so that effective segregation prevents the possibility of information leaking to the other side of the "Chinese Wall".
- Conflicts of interest are to be identified and defined in a Staff Code of Conduct and monitored regularly
Payments, Inducements and other Business Courtesies
- AB and its employees and directors will not make any improper payments to government or non-government officials, employees, customers, or entities nor will they request or accept any improper payment from suppliers, customers, or anyone seeking to do business with the bank.
- AB's employees are prohibited from accepting and giving gifts, bribes or business courtesies that will compromise his/ her judgment, inappropriately influence others, conflict with his/ her ability to succeed and/ or reflect negatively on the bank.
- Details will be defined in the Staff Code of Conduct
- No employee of AB would involve himself/ herself in insider trading.
- Employees and directors are prohibited from:
- taking for themselves personal opportunities that are discovered through the use of corporate property, information or position, or
- using corporate property, information or position for personal gain
Reporting Ethical Violations
- If an apparent ethical violation has substantially harmed or is likely to harm AB or any of its employees, the bank shall take action appropriate to the situation