Business activities in the Emirate cover a wide range of products and services. The government of Ajman offers a lot of benefits and facilities for the investment projects.
Ajman means Investment
The Emirate of Ajman that lies on the Arabian Gulf occupies a total area of 259 square Kilometers and has a population of approximately 240,000. Ruled by H. H. Sheikh Humaid bin Rashid Al Nuaimi, it borders Sharjah and is located 10km north of Dubai and 10km south of Umm Al Quwain. Nearby international airports can be found in Sharjah and Dubai though one is currently under construction in the emirate itself.
Why Investors are attracted strongly to invest in Ajman?
Ajman enjoys an ideal location for attraction of investors of diverse activities and interests in view of its strategic position in the centre of the Emirates and due to the availability of an advanced infrastructure, including excellent telecommunication, cheap energy, water supplies as well as health and social services. In addition to this, the government provides new industrial projects with a number of facilities and incentives to strengthen their capability to start their production activity.
In comparison to the other emirates within the UAE, statistics showed that Ajman achieved the highest growth rate of economic development over the past several years. Due to the increased economic development more than 100 nations around the world now receive exports from the emirate. In the industrial sector Ajman boasts the highest number of readymade garment factories in the UAE, making readymade garments the emirate's biggest export. These factories make up 50% of the total number of factories in Ajman.
The Emirate of Ajman offers great opportunities for all kinds of investments. It has so many advanced and natural characteristics that make Ajman one of the most attractive areas in the region, offering viable investment opportunities to foreign capital. Some of the important characteristics are:
- The availability of raw materials for certain industries and the possibility to extract such materials.
- The strategic geographic location of the Emirate which is distinguished by its accessibility to the regional and international markets.
- The development of the infrastructural utilities such as port, roads, transportation and industrial areas.
- The availability of domestic capital and financing.
- The availability of basic industries which can provide material required by the final and intermediate processing industries.
- The availability of financial incentives and facilities for investments by many of the domestic and international banks in Ajman.
- he low cost of operation for many industries compared with the other areas in the region.